The Super Bowl is a great excuse to eat like crap. Burgers, pizzas, chicken wings, fries, chips… you name it. So it’s time to go back to a healthy and delicious diet. The new issue of Food & Drinks by LCBO has this wonderful and easy-to-make recipe. I tried it, and I liked it, so I am sharing it.
It serves approximately 4-6.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) carrots, peeled and julienned or shredded
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp grated garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- In a frying pan, put cumin, paprika, cinnamon and cayenne in on small to medium heat. Toast for 1 to 2 mins until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, grated garlic, and the toasted spices. Stir and mix well until it combines.
- In a big bowl, add julienned or shredded carrots, the spiced oil, lemon juice, and toss.
- Season with salt to desired taste.
- Add raisins, dill, and mint and toss.