Baking can sometimes be intimidating when you don’t have a stand mixer, blender, or food processor. These baking essentials can also take up a lot of space in the kitchen. So when I see a recipe that requires NONE of those and instead just mixing and folding in a bowl, I try it and save it.
This wonderful and trouble-saving recipe is from a chef friend. I’ve tried it four times and it’s always been deliciousO
All you need is:
- 2 big mixing bowls
- one 9″ cake pan or muffin pan
- parchment paper
- whisk, spatula, measuring spoons and measuring cups
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder (do not use baking soda)
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup full fat ricotta
- 1 tbsp lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or black berries
- Preheat oven to 350 Fº. Line a 9″ cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray or butter it. If you use muffin pans, you can use cupcake cups and butter them.
- In the dry ingredient bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In the wet ingredient bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta, lemon rind, and vanilla extract until it is smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient bowl into the wet one by folding it until the mixture is blended.
- Add butter and keep folding it until it is smooth.
- Fold in raspberries. Be careful not to crush them.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake it for 45-55 mins. If you use muffin pans, 20 mins should be enough.
- Let it cool at least 20 mins.
The recipe calls for baking 50-60 mins. But for my oven, 45 mins is plenty. So be sure you know your oven!